A design is an outer appearance of a product or its part formed by specific features, such as lines, contours, colours, shape, structure, material or decoration. An aesthetic value of a product is protected by the design. Generally, all that is unique in its shape has a potential to be a registered design.The registered design is valid for five years from the date of filing a design application. The term of validity of the design may be extended upon a request of the design owner four times at most, each time for another five years. Maximum protection of the design is 25 years.
- Counselling in the field of designs;
- Securing design protection in the Slovak Republic:
- Preparing and filing a design application and representation in the proceeding before the Industrial Property Office of the Slovak Republic (IPO SR);
- Securing design protection abroad;
- Extending validity of design registration:
- Watching terms and deadlines and extending validity of registration;
- Registration of assignments/successions in title, licences, liens, owner’s data changes, etc. into the Registry of IPO SR as well as into the Registries of foreign Patent Offices;
- Representation in cancelation proceedings:
- Filing requests for cancelation of designs;
- Defending client´s rights against filed requests for cancelation of design;
- Enforcement of design rights in judicial proceedings;
- Defending rights of a client against an infringement and unfair competition conduct.